Thursday, June 2, 2011

evolution becomes revolution

I cannot even describe how excited I am about this movie! Rise of the Planet of the Apes comes out in August. I just watched a bunch of trailers, and if the movie is even HALF as awesome as the trailers, I will be on cloud NINE! What is it about this subject that drives me so crazy? I'm covered in goose bumps, my heart is racing, and tears are welling up in my eyes. It elicits such strong emotions in me -- happiness, excitement, awe, fear, hope. I know it's only a movie, and I know the Burton remake of the original Planet of the Apes was absolutely horrible, but this one looks so promising! It seems to be tackling bigger and bolder ideas about what it means to be human.

Hail Caesar! Let the Revolution begin! I can't wait until August 5, damn it. I want to see it NOW! I want to LIVE it now!

2 comments:

  1. I could write an essay -- or perhaps an entire book -- exploring the roots of your passionate and visceral response to these movies. Fundamental questions regarding consciousness, thought/emotion, "human nature," ethics, scientific hubris -- and dare I say, even notions of spirit -- are driving your excitement, according to the first draft of my thesis. Utterly fascinating stuff! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! At first I was like "Oh, this looks upsetting" but then I was like "go Apes!". Consider me goose bumped too!

    ReplyDelete